1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 More ease in my life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Since I've been starting up this program, I live more easily. The perfectionist in me is more quiet, as it seems. Says 'hello' sometimes and that's it. I'm not caught up so much anymore in 'shoulds' and 'musts'. That's wonderful!

Also, a lot of old issues have been released, in one way or another. Amazing experiences have come by. This has opened my eyes and I remember now why journaling was kind of 'life-saving' when I was an adolescent. I need it back into my daily life!

The pain in my right shoulder/upper arm has kind of moved to the left side. Not as bad as the right side used to be, but still very present and kind of annoying. My mind loves it, and can't wait to make a drama out of that.
    I can smile about it, though, knowing that some emotional issues still wait to be acknowledged. In the mean time I have my right-arm-life back! And that's really amazing to me!!! Time for celebration! I even can lay on my right arm for more than 10 minutes, which wasn't possible for more than 15 years. Unlearning the pain, and facing up to the triggers (of laying down) and conditioning... this is a very strong and healing process!

So, I manage to stay calm and take time for the left side. Step by step. No panic, no obsession, no identification. Excercising, having fun, making future plans in the mean time... that's more important than this pain going away, now. And I'm very proud of that!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lydia. I'm so glad you are making such improvement. Your journaling is certainly helping you deal with your perfectionism. Just keep up what you're doing. Have fun, live in the present, but make plans for the future. You deserve to feel proud of yourself and are an inspiration to others.