1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 More Belief

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hugh, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I woke up this morning and found some pain in my left side of my neck, which I never had felt before. Classic TMS maneuver. My belief in the syndrome is increasing more and more from a mere myth to reality. I was talking with a friend last night describing the syndrome and how mild oxygen deprivation caused the severe pain, and she enthusiastically acknowledged that yes, oxygen deprivation is known as a painful condition. This sunk in further this morning as I found this new pain in the other side of my neck. I had a big victory today as I walked down the street and felt a sting in my back, but quickly disregarded it because I was BELIEVING that there was nothing wrong with that area of my back.

Also, I have been realizing way more emotions that I ever thought I had. Some of it is even scary, like how I can get angry at a friend for asking for my help. . . someone who I deeply care about, and feel I shouldn't get angry at. Or for example angry at myself for putting so much pressure on myself to accomplish certain tasks by certain times. I have been allowing the anger/anxiety/discomfort/etc to arrise and just have been observing it and not giving in. It's been good.

Day 5 post: I haven't been hiking in quite some time because I have been scared to hurt myself. Well, I'm going to start small and go after it. I want my life back.