1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Enrique is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 More awareness

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hugh, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I'm feeling a lot, most of it includes hope and renewed energy. I have been embracing the things that I have resistance to doing, even the things such as having a conversation I know I need to have but don't want to. . . and I'm finding myself coming more alive. I'm also recognizing some intense emotions that I didn't know existed previously. I was FaceTiming (Iphone Skype) a friend today and the connection was horrible and I couldn't get my point across clearly. I realized the intense frustration that arose and it frightened me a little bit. I couldn't believe how upset and frustrated I got from not being able to get my point across clearly. I am thinking that I haven't realized this before because I have been repressing these feelings and not allowing myself to experience the emotions, definitely causing more tension.

Day 4 post: The most disheartening thing a doc told me about my symptoms is that I needed to begin to make peace with the pain. So ok, I get it now that I am learning more and more about TMS, but it felt like a stab to the heart. I didn't want to be disabled for the rest of my life and surely didn't want to be at peace with that. Slowly learning to find peace in the pain though. . . because it is not here to stay.