1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Monte Hueftle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shosh, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Has anyone used his master program? He is still active in the TMS world?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Shosh, we don't seem to have heard from Monte in a long time, although the free resources he kindly allowed us to offer on the wiki and in the SEP are certainly still valid. I expect that there are plenty of people who did his program and simply moved on with their lives and are enjoying their recovery! But I'm bumping this thread up a bit in case someone can respond.

You could always contact him on his web site, which still looks active. But I haven't found any recent interviews or articles.

3. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Thank you Jan. I think he advises people to stay off the websites so maybe he and his clients do the same so we don't really see them here much. Makes sense that even TMS wiki can be a distraction/obsession (at least for me).

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

? What do you mean my friend. You haven't learned enough to be distracted.

5. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Hi Eric. Not sure what you mean?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Shosh, what have you learned so far? That you might be distracted from. I totally understand overload thinking but don't cut yourself short and miss out on a structured path.
    Have you begun step 1 of your plan to conquer tms, is there a step 2 and step 3 that you have taken.
    I just want you to be sure that you have put forth the effort before you cut away.
    I'm saying this for you. Can you tell me the books or methods you have already tried?

7. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Hi. I'm not cutting away -- I'm deep in the trenches. :)
    I just don't post much here (but I read).
    I'm doing the SEP program, reading the books (read Sarno, and Schubiner, now reading Steve O), seeing a TMS therapist and starting Monte's program.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to FEEL my emotions. The only thing I feel in my body is my pain (chest pain, acid reflux). I find it very hard not to obsess on the pain and feel fear toward the symptoms and anything that I think causes the symptoms (ie food).
    So grateful for your outreach and care.

8. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I never felt my emotions and I healed.

Are you really reading me? Most people can't because of my poker face. I wait to see what you think I'm saying! ;)

9. Shosh

Shosh Peer Supporter

Ha Ha! :)