1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mom of 2 under 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hollster7, Sep 9, 2017.

1. hollster7

hollster7 Newcomer

lower back, hip and sciatica pain started at the beginning of my second trimester of my second pregnancy. I held out hope that the pain would subside after the baby was born. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. 4 months later the pain is worse than ever in varying degrees of spasm 24-7. Obviously very challenging with two little boys under 2 to care for.

After trying everything to relieve the pain a friend recommended Dr Sarnos book. I now believe I have TMS. I think I've pinpointed my issue to be the challenges of motherhood including opinion and information overload when it comes to raising kids in the day and age. It's quite amazing. My pain shoots when my baby cries, when I'm nursing him, just before morning when the fun begins or when I'm having trouble juggling the two.

I've been journaling, talking with family and having a few good cries and when I do my pain goes away BUT it's only temporary.

How and when can I make it stick for good? I feel like I spend allllllllll day thinking psychologially and that in itself is exhausting.

I saw an old post where @Steve Ozanich reassured a mom in a similar situation that it will be fine when things slow down. Lol while that's reassuring I feel like I'm years away from the "slow down".

Anyone in a similar situation or any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Welcome!

Developing TMS during pregnancy is quite common. It is actually contagiuos. I have seen moms pass it on to dads! Lol.

Making it stick can become easier when have concrete steps to follow. That's what I had to do to recover from my multiple TMS symptoms. See this thread on how you can download the Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain podcast and visit my website to read story of Alisa Howard of New Zealand who, like you, developed TMS during her pregnancy.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/free-podcast-rapid-recovery-from-back-and-neck-pain.16972/ (Free Podcast: Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain)

Take care.