1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Moles influenced by TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

I tried a search on this but didn't find much.

Can getting moles be influenced by TMS at all? I have gotten moles since I was a kid, whenever I was out and didn't have on sunscreen (seemed within 15 minutes of direct/constant exposure). For a long time I made sure to always have some amount of SPF on. Within the last 4 months I have been getting them popping up all over, even though I am wearing sunscreen, even under my clothes. I went to a dermatologist (new one) for first time in 10 years. They weren't concerned, but I still am. Why are they all of a sudden popping up like crazy even though I wear SPF protection? Can TMS play a role here? If not, has anyone had any experience with this?

2. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

I really doubt it. Most moles seem to be in the following categories:

- Genetic
    - Sunlight
    - Hormonal changes (Aging)

Normal moles certainly could be the focus of TMSing by the worry they cause!