1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing TMS thinking with other healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by armchairlinguist, Jul 22, 2015.

1. armchairlinguist

armchairlinguist Peer Supporter

I've had trouble distinguishing issues following my ankle injuries from TMS for a while. I wrote a post about being gone to try PT, and coming back when it seemed like I was repeating the better/worse/better/worse pattern again. When reading along I noticed there are at least a few people here who have had injuries or have other physical issues, and combine TMS thinking with other approaches.

That's what I'm trying to do now, I think. I have some physical restrictions in my left ankle that aren't there in my right. Physical injuries and emotional issues both have effects on the same body, is how I think of it - it's all the same.

Do you mix the TMS approach with other physical approaches, and if so, how? What do you do - massage? physical therapy? How do you think of or identify symptoms as relating to one or the other (or is that unhelpful)? How do you approach activity? How do you try to unhook the anxiety around the symptoms or their possible recurrence?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

If I hurt I almost always imagine healing white energy going to that area after I let go of the emotional turmoil that I might be thinking of, simple. If it's tight muscles from over use, then I massage or stretch. Not because I'm trying to relieve pain with the stretching but because the tightness from the work or exercise might be causing the discomfort. You will know the difference of course.
    Chronic pain can be elevated many different ways with many combinations as you'll see here on the site but the basic rule of thumb is emotional turmoil that your not letting go or your trying to ignore it even though you can't.
    Your question can be answered in as many ways as the books that are written on the mind body phenomena but again the rule of thumb is what are you angry about, fearing, or want to do but haven't.
    Using the imagination to let healing flow to your chronic pain is an awesome chord from a beautiful scale that I have found works wonderfully for me but it's no better than letting go of intensive thoughts and angered feelings being felt.
    Use many combinations and find what really works best for you and you'll be well on your way to personal freedom, bless you.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Great to read your very helpful post, Herbie.

I like to think the white light healing energy to be the Holy Spirit inside of me, the third person of the Holy Trinity --
    God, the son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It is our "fairy godfather," protecting us from pain and harm. I imagine it
    to be a warm, bright light, covering my entire body, head to toe. It is God and Jesus protecting me, and us all.

We are happy or sad, pain-free or in pain, depending on our thoughts. If I think happy, I feel happy and well.

Bless you, Herbie, and I hope you will post again soon. I know you're busy, but you are such a help and inspiration to everyone.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Walt, and the same back to you brother.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015