1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Mixed bag

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 29, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So the most helpful news article was the 20-20 television programme, because I grew up with this, and know it was a trustworthy piece of news, the reporters avoiding sensationalistic accounts.

After another difficult night, I had a brilliant night's sleep, and the difference was that I meditated to lower the anxiety level. I also have been sitting more and ...not always comfortably, but not in significant discomfort either. Even managed to get my hair cut finally. One dose of ibuprofen yesterday and a heating pad, that's it. Walked 4-5 miles yesterday, no pain other than just muscular exertion until the end of the day when I got tired. An old friend from high school visited which was a bit stressful, but I am did it anyhow...time to get more in the world again, step by step. I was pretty exhausted by 9 pm, went to bed, but had poor night's rest...no night pain, but in the morning, the damn anxiety surfaced. I am very tired this morning, and much as I want to sleep, i suppose I need to muddle through.

I just am amazed how I went from a frequent flyer to an anxiety ridden basket case in a few months. At least I do not have anxiety so much during the day...it is those alternative nights that are the problem.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. I'm so glad you are able to walk to long. That's wonderful.

Visits can upset the quiet routine we might prefer, but it's good to welcome them, so we get to be with people more.

We all suffer from anxiety. I do. I worry a lot, especially about finances. I worried for several days this past week
    but managed to pay the monthly mortgage and bills. Today I can relax better. Everyone I know has anxiety about
    one thing or another. And I don't think our hot and humid weather in Chicago helps me. But I practice
    deep breathing and laughing. We are all "muddling through" in this fast-paced, stressful world.
    I'm 85 and remember the 1930s when things were slower and calmer, but most people had anxiety back then, too.

So we live with our anxiety as best we can and it helps me to know I'm in a very big boat with lots of others.

I never liked to fly, so not being a frequent flyer would not bother me. As Jackie Gleason used to say (he hated flying)
    "The best way to fly is to take the train."

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

I have been taking the train more! :)

I do have to go to Austria in about seven weeks and am concerned about being able to sit on the flight, but i will say that after two weeks of this programme, I am so, so much better...this is absolutely psychological and about learning how to handle feelings of being overwhelmed.