1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 Mistakes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Wings313, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Wings313

Wings313 Peer Supporter

In today's Question to Ponder, it asked when the last time was that you made a mistake. I feel like I'm almost constantly making mistakes. This must be my TMS personality - perfectionism, self-criticism, etc - right? The mistake that came to mind was this morning I got angry - and showed it - at my husband for something small and something I should not really have been angry about. I consider that a mistake - is it? It asked how it made you feel, and I felt guilty and bad about it. Those are feelings I am very familiar with, especially in my relationship with my husband because I often talk to him in anger/irritability. Another mistake that came to mind was that I drank too much on Saturday (admittedly, sometimes I self-medicate with alcohol to help my anxiety)...this also made me feel guilty and shameful (my husband's father was an alcoholic and he absolutely hates drunkenness, especially when I drink too much).

I just don't know what is "normal." I know I'm too hard on myself, but I don't know how other people think and look at these things. I feel guilty so much of the time.