1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32 Mistakes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

When was the last time you made a mistake?

Probably a week ago. Patients who do not adjust to their new spectacle or CL prescriptions that return because they do not feel things are right. Thankfully this only happens 10-15 times out of the year from a base of 2000+ people we see a year.

How did it make you FEEL?

It makes me feel like the person has lost all trust in me. If they feel like they have to have their glasses rechecked, I'll rarely see them again in the future. Most rechecks I feel are unwarranted and no change is really needed but adaption is required. There are some situations where I just wrote the wrong Rx and will freely admit my mistake.

But mostly the person ( who is usually age 50+) looks at you and feels like I don't know what I'm doing. Since I'm younger I don't feel like I can ever make them happy if a recheck is required.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Ryan I think it's amazing that your last mistake was a week ago!!! I feel like I make them all the time.
    I can empathize with your worry about losing customers. But I think you need to show yourself some kindness. Imagine if your child were to come and tell you that story (in 20 years or so.) You'd probably hug him and say, "Wow! A 1 in 200 error rate is great! Just keep doing your best, and correct your mistakes when you can"
    Right?