1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mirrored pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by birder, Feb 25, 2018.

1. birder

birder Well known member

I've noticed something about my symptoms, not just recently (though an incident occurred that made it exceptionally noticeable) but over the course of years. If I have a symptom on the right side of my body, it invariably migrates to the left as well, and vice versa. This happens even when the pain is initiated by a physical injury (i.e. fracture in right ankle, left ankle hurts in the same places etc.). This past Friday I got tangled up in my doggo's leash and fell, landing on my left hip and upper arm. No lasting harm done - but today I noticed I have pain in the same spots on the right side! So what gives? From a happy optimistic place, I might say, "TMS validation - your brain is messing with you." From that other "physical damage"place I've lived so long, I think, "Holy cow, the ol' bod is really messed up!"
    Has anyone else experienced something like this? Should I take it as a true TMS sign? Because it's been a rough week, and a sign would be good.

2. iwire

iwire Peer Supporter

Hi Birder---With no medical explanation for this "mirroring" of symptoms-- it seems very "TMSish"--particularly because you know this about yourself--and then it happened...conditioned response? I wonder what would happen if you thanked your brain for giving you this mirror symptom to confirm your tms? And then told it to knock it off-- you don't need it : )

Ellen, birder and JanAtheCPA like this.