1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Miracle

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by elenimia, Aug 25, 2013.

1. elenimia

elenimia New Member

Hi guys

You may remember me as the girl who posted about my suicidal mother who had not been off the floor in nine months from excruciating back pain. She had to have someone lift her to go to the bathroom. It was just under a week ago that I wrote my first post on this forum, the first day my mother seriously asked me to help her end her life.

I cannot begin to describe the changes that have take place. It is absolutely no less than a miracle. Nothing so miraculous has ever occurred in our lives. She has been reading all Sarno's books and writing everyday and doing therapy. Something "clicked" for her. She had several amazing realizations. One was that she was able to really let go of some past traumas in her body. Another happened when she fell out of her wheel chair and the next morning underst00d that her back must not be hurt if she was able to get through that. I walked into her room yesterday morning and she just looked at me said "hi baby" and sat up!!!! I just cried my eyes out. Since then she has gotten up by herself probably 100 times. Today she took a shower on her own and actually walked around the house (with her crutches )!! The most incredible thing is that she is just certain she will be better. She says its all about fear and she is not afraid anymore. She looks 15 years younger. She has a radiant glow to her that I have never seen before. She says through the meditation she can actually feel "the good warm things" inside her not just the pain. She has had many pain free moments. She feels incredibly happy!

I just cannot believe how fast this can happen. A week ago my family was the lowest it has ever been and now we feel truly blessed. I really believed the one thing that turned it around the most was this forum. Just having these incredible people to to provide support and encouragement was priceless. I would like to thank Eric "herbie" Watson for all his loving, incredibly confidant and insightful support and all the other angels who gave such wonderful words of inspiration. Without you I am confident that things would have turned out a very different way.

Thank You from the bottom of our hearts

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Amazing story!!!!
    lost for words...

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

God bless you, You now have the Gift
    I love you both with all my heart.

4. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

Whoa! How wonderful. I'm so happy for you, your mother, and all your loved ones. I also feel personally blessed to witness this, even on an online forum. This is such an uplifting story. Thank you for the happy tears falling down my face right now!!

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is terrific to hear. Recovering is truly a life changing. The best part of your post was when you wrote: "The most incredible thing is that she is just certain she will be better. She says its all about fear and she is not afraid anymore." Overcoming the fear is the most difficult, but the most important part of this process. It is so great to see that your mom has overcome the fear. Keep up the great work!

6. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

How wonderful!! I am so happy to hear this. This will surely be an encouragement to all of us.
    It is a reminder that miracles do happen!!!

I know fear is one of the main weapons TMS tries to use. We must all learn how to dismantle it.
    It is awesome that your Mom has learned how to do this so quickly. Please, keep posting. I am so
    interested in hearing more.
    G.R.

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

And now your miraculous story will serve to inspire others. I know it's inspired me!

Thanks for sharing it....

8. mousemom

mousemom Peer Supporter

Just awesome. I needed to read this! Thanks & keep us posted.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Count me in with the others who are inspired by your mother's miracle. I hope everyone reads it.

I'm 83 and recovered from bad back pain by following the Dr. Sarno book and journaling to discover
    repressed emotions I never thought I had. I also put my faith in the Lord to heal me, and my prayers
    were answered. "Ask and you shall receive," He told us.

Thank you for sharing your mother's wonderful experience.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

elenimia's mother's success story said she is getting better by conquering fear.

That's a big one in TMS healing. In The Mind Body Prescription, Dr. Sarno writes:
    "Fear is another important equivalent of pain that may be more effective than the pain
    itself to achieve the mind's goal of distracting attention from repressed rage.
    The fear of pain, physical activity, injury, or spinal abnormality is enough to
    perpetrate TMS, even in the absence of pain. The mind is interested only in keeping
    our attention on the body; the fear of any of these phenomena will accomplish
    that as well as the reality of pain itself. That is why our therapeutic program requires
    not only the cessation of pain but the elimination of fear."

Remember what Fraklin Delano Roosevelt told the nation during World War II:
    "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
    He helped get us through that war while in a wheelchair with polio,
    with wartime stresses that must have added to his pain. But he fought fear and
    kept going, leading the country out of that horror.

I have to laugh... I like to laugh... remembering a funny line from a great movie
    comedy, "The Palm Beach Story," 1942, when Mary Astor says,
    "Nothing is permanent, except Roosevelt." He was in his third term then.

The good thing was, fear wasn't permanent, and it need not be.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  11. beachgirl

beachgirl Peer Supporter

Amazing story. So helpful. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your miracle. Awesome!