1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Minute by minute jumping pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jhshiu, Sep 8, 2014.

1. jhshiu

jhshiu New Member

Hi All.

I believe I've had TMS for over 20 years. I've had many manifestations but won't get into that now.

My current issue is jumping pain, where it changes minute to minute. It could be in my elbow, them jump to foot, then back, them stomach, then head, etc. I also get pin-like pains.

I 100% believe this is from built up tension/stress as I can see a correlation with life experiences.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this kind of manifestation.

Thanks!
    Jennie

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven't had the "jumping pain," but have read in the forums that others have had it.
    It can mean that you are close to healing because the unconscious mind wants you to keep
    searching for repressed emotions or to deal with your personality if it is perfectionist and "goodist."

Keep believing in TMS and practicing the healing techniques. You are almost there.

jhshiu likes this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Jennie,
    Like Walt mentioned, there is pain that switches location when you're close to success. It's almost as if the subC wants to derail you! I've had that.
    But it sounds as if your pain is switching pretty quickly from one place to another. Have you tried meditation? It can be pretty effective as a calming technique. Anything that can help diffuse the stress is a good thing, particularly since you've noted a correlation between that and your pain.
    Blessings on the journey,
    Gigi

jhshiu likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jennie. Gigi's advice is what I do when in pain or stressed... meditation combined with deep breathing.
    And living in the present moment, not the past or the future.
    I also find a hot cup of milk to be very calming. Much better than a tranquilizer and more healthy.

jhshiu likes this.
  5. jhshiu

jhshiu New Member

Thanks Walt and Gigi.

I've actually gone through quite the journey over the last couple of years. Part of that took me through an 8 week mindfulness class, where I learned light yoga and meditation. I then started a yoga practice (Dahn yoga or energy yoga) and I take this class 4-5 x/week. I also do lots of deep breathing.

This "jumping pain" is something I had almost 9 years ago, which no dr was ever able to figure out. One Rheumatologist suggested it's a mind/body connection thing. That's what got me looking into Dr. Sarno.

I will continue my yoga/meditation practice as part of my treatment.

Today I developed this tightness behind my knee...comes and goes. Never had it before. I'm sure it's TMS/stress related.