1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-success today

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by wendyd, Mar 24, 2015.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

I joined the wiki this past November when I had a full blown TMS ‘attack’ in my lower back / buttocks … spasms that brought me to the ground. I did SEP and read Steve O’s book, which I HIGHLY recommend. I went on vacation in January and was 90% better. When I got back to ‘real life’, the pain came back. It has been a roller coaster ride with pain since then. I got Dr. Schubiner’s book … (also A++) and have been using that. Also found a great therapist who isn’t an official TMS therapist, but knows enough about it to help me.

I am slowly (it seems slow to me, at any rate) healing. I am trying to ignore and carry on with life. It’s not easy. I’m still struggling with yoga (which I LOVE). But, I’m challenging myself to stick with it and set my intention to be gentle with myself. I do what I can.

Today, I left work and the sun was shining and it wasn’t ridiculously cold. I haven’t gone for a decent walk since vacation in January. I thought, I can do this! I laced up my sneakers, plugged in my headphones with an inspirational track and went for a 2 mile walk. I was giddy by the time I was done. I had a few pangs, but I ignored them and kept on truckin’. It felt so good … more emotionally than physically. Yes, I am a little achy but I DON’T CARE! I did it! I am so happy and optimistic. I’m posting this to encourage everyone who is on the roller coaster to hold on, hang in there and believe that you can do this too.

Steve O … if you are reading this … thank you. When I did get a few pangs, I thought of you hitting golf balls and running thru your pain. I thought, if Steve did it, so can I. Really. Thank you!

2. cishealing

cishealing Peer Supporter

Wendy, this really speaks to me. I am also slowly healing. Yesterday for the first time in forever, I took the subway and then walked to a work meeting, just like I used to do. Yes, I'm a bit sore today but I also totally don't regret it.

wendyd and Barb M. like this.
  3. Barb M.

Barb M. Peer Supporter

Love this!

wendyd likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi wendyd,
    I am so happy for you. I had only a few exceptions to my long-standing symptoms of foot/feet pain, and this helped me to break the pattern. I hope you really contemplate this experience several times a day and question the "normal" day-to-day TMS experience.
    Andy B

5. linapina

linapina New Member

Nice to read this. I am on the roller coaster too (right now going mostly downwards) and I am struggling!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Wendy good for you….your words are strong and confident and I will carry them with me today because I been tms`ing all week. Going to Fla on Sunday and your right when I go away pain diminish 50%.
    God Bless You