1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

MFS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JacobAdams, Sep 21, 2018.

1. JacobAdams

JacobAdams Newcomer

I have a spine injury and anxiety through the roof

I got tired of twitching like a madman and looked it up.

Its mfs and it is BAD.

I'm taking Clonazepam but the dose is way too low..
    If i take 4 mg it calms it down but I'm pretty much useless and too drowsy and fall asleep only to wake up and repeat.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to calm this down?

It is starting to take a toll on my sanity.

Constant twitching in my legs its now spreading up to my arms.
    At least 50 twitches in under a minute nonstop all day every day.

Does it ever calm down?
    It seems to just get worse.

This is awful.

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Jacob,

One of the cycles of TMS is that when you focus on the symptom, you send a message to your brain to continue the symptom.
    I think your anxiety is perpetuating the symptoms.
    Also (just a thought) you might need B vitamins. Do you take a good natural supplement? Especially B12 calms the nervous system.

My suggestion to calm it down is to read Dr. Sarno's books or get the audio book at your library.
    Also read Steve Ozanich's book, "The Great Pain Deception." He had twitches that were severe and applied the TMS principles and is fine today.
    These are important works.

You are desperate for an answer. We've all been there and sometimes get there, again. That's why it's important to not just seek an outside "cure."
    Educate on TMS.
    Alan Gordan has a free program on here.
    Claire Weeks wrote a wonderful book called "Hope and Help for your Nerves."

Support is out there and we will support you, too. Take a look at using clonzepam. I believe one of the side effects is twitching.

You are in a loop of fear and symptoms right now. You need to step outside of it. Start by reading.
    I don't know what your spine injury is, but Dr. Sarno says that most physical injuries only take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. So, don't look at yourself as permanently injured.

Best wishes,

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.