1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear Solid TMS...!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by UkAdR, Jun 16, 2014.

1. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I was watching the conferences this week from the Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) in LA. This is pretty much a huge geek fest where companies announce hardware and new games for the systems for the coming year....

Anyway, a trailer was shown for the new Metal Gear Solid game from Hideo Kojima, and the first thing shown on screen is the following quote from Mark Twain:

"Anger is an acid that can do more hard to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

Quite fitting for understanding TMS I think and interesting that many of the facets of it are theories from the past. Who says video games can't be intelligent...!

:borg:

Forest, tarala and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's an excellent quote from Mark Twain. And I'm glad there are some video games that are intelligent.

I wonder what the geeks will come up with next to keep us more plugged in. I am trying to be as unplugged as possible.

3. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

Yes, very fitting indeed. What most of us don't realize is that we are always in control of our own emotions.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My anger emotion usually comes this way: First, yell or scream. Then take deep breaths and then laugh.