1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Merry Christmas With This Love

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is when we make the time to celebrate those we love the most. It could be someone we've known for a lifetime or just met. Its the connection of our emotion of love to their reason for being someone so special to us. I've seen a man walk miles to see his daughter that cried because she had no way to see him. I've seen mothers spend every dollar knowing the power bill would have to wait just to see her sons smile when hed get that new bicycle hed asked Santa for.

I've seen daughters that would work all year to make sure their mother was taken care of in her elderly years. Just yesterday she made her mother a Christmas cake and you could feel the compassion all in the room. You could see the fathers heart break cause he was to weak to work but his wife looked at him and said your all ill ever need, just you nothing else is what I love.

We all wonder how we get along without them and we also wonder how wed make it if something was to ever happen to them. We have a special place in our hearts for them and when their around -- usually always before we depart we feel a tear of joy and gratitude for them.

I asked a friend why she cried for her mother when she knew she was just down the block and she was ok. She said momma always had that something special that I could turn too and now its not here. I said she will always be with you, if you want to feel her love for you just think about her smile and then focus on her hugs and you'll feel her love almost as if she was right here with you and I saw her smile as those words created emotions that only she knew, it was hope- happiness- fulfillment, courage rolled all into one emotion- love.

Christmas is about giving and that is the true essence of love. You all know that when we buy a gift for a loved one its usually cause of the way we feel -- we think of that emotion we get when we here them say " I love You" or we feel that smile and we smile all along knowing that no matter what we spent on this gift for this one - its priceless.

We have a special place in our heart for them and when their around we here them say hi mom or hi dad or hi son - how ya been. Then at that moment as if just by means of emotion we tear up and smile so thankful life gave us all of them so filled with joy -- we always remember, something so special.

What is this love we feel that with one touch or one word can heal a broken heart. How powerful this love that can make a woman or man work all week just to send most their savings to the ones they love. Its something we cant price to see that smile, that joy this love. When they see you they smile as if you were the very source of their energy that helped them make it through and you felt not even worthy to have that love, this love -- this priceless time called Christmas to celebrate that love.

Then we have the loved one that watches for you all night till you make that drive home. And when you finally make it -- you get out of the ride all tried and bluesy, You look up and theirs that smile -- With just a smile your instantly recharged.
    All new re-vigorated, and the person of interest always finds a way to comfort you and listen to you so you finally know without a doubt in this world what Christmas is for and your looking at that special love you cant live without.

If its a friend, a mother, a father, a son, a brother or sister -- that beggar at the corner of the street, a voice, a dog or cat and more that fuels you to exceed, or just gives you that little wag of courage. They're always for you when everyone else thought you'd fail.

Think on the words I've expressed, these loved ones , these friends of hope - peace - love and gratitude -- other emotions words cant express. Think on these things and let love flow to every fiber of your being. If just for a moment , how precious the holidays, this love is healing and peaceful , giving energy to all who acknowledge it , notice it and become one with it.

Its been here from the beginning of time, way longer than we individually have. It lives on in our hearts and we grasp for it and try to buy it but the only way this gift works is by giving it away.
    Its set on default in those that give, you that sparkle in your eyes and have that pep in your step. We were born with it for each other -- this mystery of love and sometimes we just cant help but express it.:)

I Remember the smiles I've seen through letters of hope. I remember the courage I felt as I read those thank yous and the joy id feel as id see your gratitude. I remember the tears I shed wanting to reach out and hold you so you could be free. I remember the strength you had when you finally made that stand. Love works universally in all these emotions of power and strength. No greater strength does man have than to have love for one another.

Feeling instantly re-charged when you see that loved one on Christmas, that's not physiology or psychology - that's love. Just that look, just that smile , just that feeling -- it radiates every pore of your skin. We call it aglow, a blush, a fulfillment. What would we do without that special love that wed do everything to achieve, no strings attached - wed climb the highest mountain and do everything imaginable to obtain this love. Its written in the articles of our hearts this special gift given to us for free -- Celebrated on Christmas and with joy for all the world to see.

This Christmas we at Tmswiki want to thank all of our friends in the community for giving us courage in our battles and sending us hope when we couldn't find it. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts and may the next year be 100 times more
    blessed than you can ever ask or think.
    Bless You

Herbie

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    North Star and G.R. like this.
  2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

And bless you, Herbie. And all of us here! I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. Happiest of Holidays, however that may look in your home. And here's to a new year of hope and healing.
    xo

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Erik, may the next year be more blessed than the last, may we all be well once again. I pray for you
    and everyone on the forum every night without fail. I just pray that we we will progress!!

4. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Thank you Herbie for giving of yourself and being willing to encourage and help others without asking for anything in return. I feel blessed to have found this forum. Thanks to all who have helped me here by sharing your experience strength and hope. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    God Bless

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for that wonderful message, Herbie. Happy holidays, everyone!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Herbie and everyone. Beautiful messages from you.
    I've been remembering old friends and they have been remembering me.
    Feels warm and fuzzy.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.