1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by artetvif, Nov 21, 2014.

1. artetvif

artetvif Newcomer

Today was my first attempt of meditating. Almost fell asleep on my chair so I guess it made me feel really relaxed. Difficult to not stay focused on thoughts though, I tried to just notice the thoughts and let them go but by noticing them they just seem bigger and harder to let go off. Will try another time !

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Keeping the mind on meditating can be hard.
    A good technique is to breathe deeply while counting backwards from 100 to 1.

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

A good friend of mine told me it is perfectly normal to have thoughts all the time. She said it just means you have a lot of stress. Accept them then gentle focus back on the deep breathing. I use the diaphragmatic breathing which I love. The breathing helps to reduce the tightness in my neck and shoulders.

I have been meditating for 3 years. I still have lots of thought s. Be patient and kind to yourself.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I;m a writer by occupation so my head is always full of thoughts.
    I try to delete the stressful ones and keep the good ones.
    Deep Breathing and affirmations help with that.