1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 meditation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MindBodyPT, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi all!

I'm on day 6 of the SEP and it's been going well! Less pain today overall, which is nice, a few twinges of back pain here and there. I wanted to post about meditation, since this was part of the program today, and share a very helpful resource for any of you doing meditation as part of the SEP or otherwise for general stress reduction or any other reason. It is such a wonderful tool that I have been using for a while before I discovered TMS and has helped me through many circumstances.

The program is the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program created originally by Jon Kabat Zinn several decades ago. There is now a free online version of it that I did: https://palousemindfulness.com (Online MBSR/Mindfulness (Free))

It is completely free, like the SEP, and has videos, readings, writing and guided practice to go along with it. Highly recommend it for anyone who wants to deepen their meditation practice!

Happy new year to all :)

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks! Bookmarked this program for clients! Glad you're doing well...
    Andy B

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MindBodyPT. Thanks so much for sharing that meditation link. I think meditation and deep breathing are two of the best things for TMS healing.

Hope you have a happy and pain-free new year.

MindBodyPT likes this.
  4. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Hi Mind Body PT I totally agree I have been doing mindfulness for over 8 years since I developed General Anxiety disorder and my pain escalated. I am a massive Jon Kabitt Zinn fan and have read all his works and own all his CD's ,I also took the 8 week program many years ago it was great. Mindfulness is my savior and I have been able to get through tough times due to it. I meditate every night from 15 -30 minutes with one of my dogs Mr Reilly would you believe he sits with me and knows when I burn Ng Champ that its game on. He is in my profile pic. I cannot stress how mindfulness will change everything in your life and is a great help in so many things day to day and big challenges.

MindBodyPT likes this.