1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Meditation exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Miss_Daisy, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

I always had problem to start meditate as I cannot sit for a long time, and few other things: I cannot breathe with diaphragm as my lower abdomen really hurts, voices from the outside makes me nervous and anxious and I could not relax. So this today exercise was totally disaster.

Could anyone who had the same problem and they solved it give me some tip what to do?
    Thank you!

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Use earplugs (made of silicon). Breathe comfortably as you wish. Not with diaphragm. Sit for as long as you can. Even 5 min is OK.

Take care.

3. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

Thanks Sita for answering and support!

I have trouble to relax my muscles,especially muscles in the legs, like they are from rock. Any advice on that issue?

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

There is a very good technique for relaxing the muscles. Any muscle in the body. You tense that muscle (but don't over tense it!) while breathing in, then hold the tension a few seconds holding your breath and then relax while breathing out. Repeat this 3-6 times. Tense-hold-relax. You'll feel much more relaxed after this so you can start your meditation.

5. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

Hi Sita,
    I tried this technique and it works.
    Thank you so much! :)

Sita likes this.