1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

meditation, deep breathing flaring symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by enigma, May 9, 2015.

1. enigma

enigma New Member

Hey all. The past couple months I have made steady progress in my symptoms and the pain has settled some. However I cant seem to help but tie this in with the fact that I stopped meditating around that time aswell. First discovered meditation about 8 months ago and this is when all my fibro symptoms emerged, all over body pain and fatigue. whenever I meditate or start breathing deeply now its like a kneejerk reaction and my entire body tightens up and symptoms reappear. Has anyone ever experienced this? deep breathing, meditation actually flaring up pain and other symptoms?
    and if not, whats peoples take on it? thanks

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Enigma,
    No experience with this personally. But meditation brings awareness. With awareness there is less automatic suppression/repression. Or the activities to distract become more obvious and less believable. Just not compulsively acting each moment ---slowing down in meditation, removes a certain level of distraction. Meditation may have challenged the way you normally are in the dark about feelings? The feelings begin to emerge and ----TMS! My imaginings...
    Andy B.

Mala, Ellen and enigma like this.