1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Medication

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Riddle me this TMSers why is it so detremtal during this journey that someone needs to suffer threw this process because they are taking medication to ease there pain while they work out there repressed rage.

I speak of my own journey while i am discovering more repressed rage and anger my pain as escalted from a 4 to a 8

Its really not moving around its just getting worse in the same area would this be the start of out come independence?

Because its getting harder to get threw my day without meds to calm me down i have reached cross roads and i dont want to take more.

I have reached into my tms bag of tools but nothing seems to calm the beast only thing i can do is except the pain and move on. Any thoughtful ideas or suggestions

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Actually, no - this is what Dr. Sarno and/or Steve O call an "extinction burst" meaning that your brain is fighting back and trying to create more distraction with more pain. This is because it's so afraid that you are getting close to the dangerous emotions it has been trying to repress for so long.

So the theory tells us that you are making progress even though it's hard to feel the truth of that when you are in so much pain.

I think I understand that you have worked hard to get off the meds and don't want to take them again, is that right? Do you have anything that you take that is short-term - you know, something you can take just once? I know that most depression drugs don't work until you build up to them, so I can see why you don't want start them again. But Dr. Sarno said it's okay to take the edge off if you need it, as long as you do it with the understanding that it's temporary - and you're already at that understanding.

Researchers recently found that even OTC pain relievers like Tylenol and Ibu can calm your brain temporarily and help you feel better emotionally. It seems to me that you can give yourself permission to take one or two mild pain relievers - for physical and emotional pain - if you're really having a hard time. You can use them as a tool to help visualize relief.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx Jan

I feel your theory is correct at the moment…but besides a Benadryl I take for my Ragweed allergy (by the way much better than last year) I have lorazapan that Iwas taking for anxiety and pain which is a Benzo and I won't take anymore and gabapentin thats a anticovalsant which I am suppose to take 3 times ea day but I take it at night a very low dose which my dr said really does not do anything… but for me it does.

Anyway last night I decided not to take the gabapentin I said the worse thing that could happen I would wake up in pain…Anyway slept threw until my son woke me up when he came home ( dam teenagers lol) but I fell right back to sleep did not even think about my feet.

Anyway I have tried OTC meds really no help other than a upset stomach.

Last night I decided to write a unsent letter to my wife who is away to clear her mind ( whatever that means) But at the end of it I said to myself I will feel better if I send it and I did..I felt this waive of energy shoot threw my body for that moment it felt like a big broom sweeping my pain and fear. Very eye opining experience .

Again Jan thx for your comments always appreciated

Marco

JanAtheCPA likes this.