1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Medication Reminders

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Bex, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Bex

Bex Newcomer

Today is my first day without any medication…a milestone. I still have pain but I know it’s cause is not physical, it’s emotional.

I found this hard to do until I worked out why. I had too many reminders and it was just too convenient. All my meds , which are entirely made up of various pain killers from Amitriptyline to Tramadol, were sitting in an ice cream tub on the kitchen counter…saying ‘take me!’. I could see them every time I went in there and it was just too easy. The constant reminder was an affirmation of my pain so I removed them to a high cupboard out of sight and requires steps for me to get to it. This took away the reminder and made it less convenient. So far, so good.

Its early days and I know will be days where I struggle and may need that bit of extra help, so I haven’t binned them completely yet, and there is no shame in that, we all have bad days, but I do intend to get down to only non-prescription meds at some point. How long this will take is unknown, but I’ll know when I’ve reached that time.

Boston Redsox likes this.