1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Maybe I don't know who I am?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mad, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

Working on this stuff I'm starting to realize a few things...
    1. I have a lot of incomprehensible chatter in my head- I'm assuming is my subconscious at work. I can notice the activity, just can't make sense of it. It's irritating.
    2. I don't remember much of my childhood, before my teen years, and that bothers me.
    3. I feel like there's an awful lot to me that I just can't find/see/hear...is it possible that a fundamental part of myself could be buried so deep that I'm just oblivious to it now?

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    Mad likes this.
  3. bachman

bachman Peer Supporter

In reply to each point in relation to what has helped me (because I can empathise with all three points)

1 - I've found all things writing and journalling to have helped a lot and asking myself questions
    2 - More has come to me as time has gone on (2-3 months since I discovered Dr Sarno's books) - Be patient
    3 - As above - You're right to guess that some stuff could be more buried than other stuff but I wouldn't judge that as a bad thing. Again, with patience and repetition, I've made progress from a not so dissimilar position as to what you describe

Mad likes this.