1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Massive Pain Flare

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Doing sep 2nd time pulling some great stuff up.

Dealing with wife on wether we are going to work it out or like I told her shit or get off the pot. Sorry only way I could say it!

Mediating journaling speaking to a Therpist all the tms things we need to do to heal.

So I don't know if it's pain burst .

So much doubt ....I want goto my pcp but for what thow?

Need advice want to reach for pain meds but that would get me so pissed thinking I failed.

Help

2. Mala

Mala Well known member

It may be yr perfectionist tendency & also 'black & white thinking' that is causing the conflict about taking meds. There r many here who did take meds till it was the right time to stop them. When u r in pain it is very hard to focus on anything else.

Also what many ppl don't understand is that it that it is not good to allow pain to become chronic. The more chronic it gets, the harder it is to get rid of & the longer it takes.

So taking some meds just to break that vicious cycle is not such a bad idea. It is most certainly not a sign of weakness but more like acceptance. Change yr thoughts & the body will respond accordingly.

Mala

Kathleen likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx you Marla

I agree on what you say about not making the pain chronic .... It's very hard to concentrate on anything else when it chronic.
    But I will sustain and use other methods until they don't help and that will be my last resort.

God bless this site and the wonderful people that help each other .