1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Making slow progress...I think!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Day 10 has been really useful for me. I have identified when my TMS symptoms started and I'm pretty sure why. I don't really want to go into it on here, but I think it was all to do with an ex-partner of mine.

It's difficult to say if my pains are getting better. I feel like I can cope with them better, and I'm not so anxious about them. I try to tell myself this is just TMS pain, worrying is going to make it worse.

After I did some journaling I got very angry. I think it's the repressed anger coming out. I did some exercise after and felt better though. I was meant to write an unsent letter, but I just wrote out some things which angered me in the past.

I can't help it but I still have a few doubts about TMS. I think my brain just wants a quick fix, but I've had TMS pain for years, so I don't think it's that easy.

2. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

I appreciate your post. I too have had many moments in the journaling experience where I have had a lot of emotion percolate up. I believe it had to be good an I am trusting the process. As nice as it would be to have a miracle cure, mine appears to be a slower journey, so far. Keep up the work and thanks for posting.

Skeleton Bob likes this.
  3. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

Dear Skeleton Bob, I agree with your statement that your brain wants a quick fix and it's not going to be easy. I have a question for you. If you can't help it who will? Please be patient with yourself. I read your post only because you're on day 10 just like me. The difference is I started this program more than a month ago. I work on this everyday but can only process so much at a time. It's not easy. I've really suffered for many years and was desperate enough to die. I'm so grateful to have the experience of others to know I can be cured. Let's celebrate that and know it's happening for us right now. I din't know there could be a finish line. Now I know I don't care how long it takes to get there.

Skeleton Bob and Ithantech like this.