1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Making progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LynnH, Jun 14, 2015.

1. LynnH

LynnH New Member

This has been quite a week. When I first started with this site the pain worsened for two days but then I had moments of muted pain as I was busy helping to paint my kitchen. I made it a point not to worry about how I was bending or moving and trying to think psychologically and not physically. I was also able to go out two nights in a row (usually by the evening the pain was so great I didn't go out much). Last night I went to a very long dance recital. Our friends had saved us a seat about 6 rows back and I was right in the middle of the row with no chance of escape should I need to get up and walk a bit. I felt a lot of fear about this event but I just kept talking to myself and allowing myself to feel whatever was arising inside. An amazing thing happened about half way through, the pain diminished by half!!! Where I had been at a 6 I was now at a 3 and able to enjoy the rest of the show in relative peace. Today I have been very tired and my mind has not been able to do battle as well but I think I just wore myself out last night. Even still I pushed myself to work in my garden and go shopping with my daughter. I will keep pressing on with hope!

2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Great progress report, Lynn! Keep up the great work. I'm hopeful for a breakthrough myself.

LynnH likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!! And this is a breakthrough. Don't discount this. Build on it by remembering it, and questioning the fears and doubts in the future. Congrats!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lyn.. I sure agree with the others that your progress toward TMS healing is terrific. That's what it takes... positive thinking that your pain is from emotions and not structural. It is a philosophy that is spreading fast in the health community because of the results being reported. You told yourself that sitting at the dance recital was not going to hurt you and you got through it. And working in your garden and shopping with your daughter are wonderful signs that you have a strong belief in TMS. Keep up the great progress.