1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Making progress

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jane2, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Jane2

Jane2 New Member

I am making progress. This work is rather amazing.

During journaling I wrote that I was ready to forgive. I chose the hardest person to forgive-the one who abused me at age 3. Thinking that if I could forgive him I could forgive anyone. I felt great during the days but my nights became horrible. Searing pain with no position that eased it. Sleepless nights filled with fear. Then one night as I tried to focus on my breathing, my mind spoke up. My inner child/subconscious was horrified that I wanted to forgive. So I said OK. That is not something I'd expect my 3 year old to do. I took it off the table. Decided to stand with her and not forgive. The pain went away completely. Just disappeared. I slept well for the first time in awhile. I guess I'm not ready to forgive.