1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Making myself Comfort-Able

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by OnTheRoad, Dec 24, 2016.

1. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

I've always felt conflicted about my "childish" need for comfort. I also felt conflicted about the concept of the "inner child" -- my gut believed, my head said pah, phooey. This morning, I had a revelation. Doing "childish" things (like needing to sleep with stuffed animals for comfort as a child) was frowned upon or gently ridiculed by my mother (who herself, an only child, had felt too "babied" by her parents). Babytalk was not allowed by either parent, everything had to called by its "proper" name. I had recently understood, examining all this, why I felt so un-comfort-able! And had been doing the "childish" things needed to make myself comfort-able (like buying a stuffed animal, using softer blankets and clothes, etc.) Today a deeper ah-ha arose. I'd felt so conflicted about accepting ANY PART of the "child" in me, that I'd even rejected the concept of an INNER child! so no wonder I'd always felt ashamed and edited myself when I tried to journal. Only now am I able to give vent to my inner child in journalling. Only now am I truly learning to ACCEPT and LOVE the child in me. Namaste and thank you to the creators of this program.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi OnTheRoad,

Thanks for sharing another insight into your process. I love reading your revelation. I hope others see this and have the confidence that more and more of the truth of our experience wants to be --and will be, understood.

Andy B

OnTheRoad likes this.