1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Making awesome progress!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jules, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Jules

Jules Well known member

Its day 19 on my second go-around and I'm making strides in my progress. The key is 100% acceptance and every time pain comes up, I acknowledge it and then do "it" anyway. For the past two days, my husband and I have been painting our kitchen and living room. This was never possible, even just a short time ago. Instead of fearing and focusing on the pain, I just did it...it works!! I had NO pain, and afterward, only just soreness on my thighs from using muscles I'm not use to. This is a huge breakthrough!! My arms never ached or felt tingly, so this RSI nonsense is and never was my problem.

Acceptance, journaling, and psychotherapy has been vital to my recovery.

Today, some of my shoulder and rib pain is back, but considering how much I did and only now have a little pain is a testament of the reality that is TMS. I will just do what I have been doing and acknowledge it and then move on and do it anyway

Thanks for your support. I'm on the road to recovery- once and for all!!

JanAtheCPA and brendan537 like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jules,
    How wonderful to hear this news. I hope many people read this, and take your experience to heart. You could re-read this post every day for your own education too!
    Andy B

3. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Good for you ,your pain free destination is waiting for toy. Enjoy and stick out the bad and good times on the journey.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jules. I agree with the others that your progress toward TMS healing is going so well. I think it is mainly because of your total belief in TMS and finding repressed emotions. I bet you were living in the present while painting the kitchen. Concentrating on not spilling pain must have kept your mind from thinking about pain or the past or present worries you may have.

Wishing you and those you love a very Happy Holiday!