1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Making a site for Alan's new book

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Aug 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, Cap'n, that's impressive! Did you get any particular insights out of the process or was it more about learning how to apply it? There's a phrase from AA, "it works if you work it," and I think that it is doubly true for TMS.

Cap'n Spanky and BloodMoon like this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Well thanks, Forest! I don't know if it's impressive or more a testament to my OCD. :);)

I think it was mostly about making Alan's concepts sink in by reinforcing them over and over. Even though it's not complicated, truly living the concepts doesn't always come naturally. Especially after many, many years of my brain falling into it's old familiar patterns. I felt like I needed to repeat and amplify the messages.

I studied Dr. Sarno in the past and it worked very well for me. So I had that foundation, which was very helpful. Alan builds on that with a more modern approach and it clicked.

I imagine taking anyone's work and repeatedly rewriting/paraphrasing it in your own words would be a powerful learning experience. But I suppose it's more do-able because Alan's program is relatively brief.

I forgot about that saying from AA. :) It's so true. Another one is "half measures availed us nothing". There are so many parallels between AA and this program. My personal belief is they are basically the same thing, just laid out differently. Most importantly, they both work and can change people's lives.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Ellen and BloodMoon like this.