1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Makes sense ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by miquelb3, Aug 21, 2017.

1. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

Lately and sadly (or fortunately) I am very suspicious that the chronic pain suffered by my dauther could be generated by her repressed hate and rage against her father (me!). Her «inner child» could be full of anger for my advices along her formative years. Is that plausible?
    Currently she (very kind and goodist) is not able to recognize her repressed feelings.
    Should I suggest her my supositions in order to «paving the way» ?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

How old is your daughter?

3. miquelb3

4. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

It is kind of you to think that way.

I struggled with various issues with my father - who I am sure was doing everything the best he knew how - but alas, I never got a chance to discuss these things with him before he died three years ago.

I would have loved to have had the chance to explore these things with my father (in a constructive and positive way) and if you approach it right, I imagine your daughter will. Even if it is just you opening up as a person and not a parent - that's really what I wanted from my father. I got a glimpse of it once and it was so nice. I regret it was only once.

But hey, I'm not a therapist so maybe there's someone else around here who is much more qualified than I to suggest what you should do.

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I suggest giving her a book on TMS, and stating that using that approach has helped you and many others. If she is open to reading it, and then comes to believe on her own that she has TMS, I would leave it at that. It is up to her to figure out why she has TMS. Only then will it be meaningful to her. It is her healing journey.

6. miquelb3

Thanks Ellen !!!! .... and thanks Eugene !!!!!

«Think psychological» means :

1. Deep understanding that your pain has not an anatomical/structural origin but is generated as distraction of unbearable emotions/feelings

2. Full acceptation of that «weird» explanation

But in my honest opinion, mainly in the «resistant» cases, it is not enought to deeply believe in the represed emotions, in abstract, as source of yoour pain. It is necessary

3. IDENTIFICATION of the SPECIFIC emotion(s) that causes you suffering (elusive step, indeed!)

Opinions welcomed!