1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

major diagnosis confidence builder

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Leslie, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

I can't remember the last time I was this excited and I can't ever recall a time where I just allowed myself to be proud of myself without any internal "suggestions for improvement" so please indulge what may be a rambling post.

My pain level was steadily diminishing since yesterday, I made eye-opening progress with my journaling yesterday and today, generally overall feeling of improvement. Then I opened an email and as I read, the pain increased. It was a well-intentioned structural/physical "lead" to get to the "root" of my pain problem. I scanned the info quickly - mostly to make sure I wasn't missing anything non-pain related that would need a response. There I sat, I could actually feel my autonomic nervous system shifting into overdrive (just as I can feel it doing now as I recount the experience). My initial plan of action was to put it out of my mind (and that's worked SO well for me in the past - sarcasm intended). I moved on throughout my inbox and decided to come back to the troublesome one. Rather than avoid it, I decided to respond to it. I was sincere in my thanks for the thought, and nice with my reply but I told the well-meaning sender that I had found the cause of my pain, that it's diminishing nicely and I'm not considering any additional tests or treatments.

The power of the send button was indescribable. I clicked that button and my pain level dropped immediately! Truly amazing. Talk about strengthening confidence in the accuracy of a diagnosis! Structural/physical pain simply would NOT be responsive to email - if it was the free email sites would start charging a fortune and the drug companies would go out of business! Yep, little room to doubt that it's psychological in nature now!

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Awesome news, Leslie!