1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Magic bullet for urinary urgency?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sarah Jacoba, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Sarah Jacoba

Sarah Jacoba Peer Supporter

I'm both a TMS success and (I fear) failure story. I got over brutal TMJ pain and years of brutal upper body pain. TMS theory, Sarno and alot of great books helped. But I'm still struggling with urinary urgency, after about 9 years. Comes and goes, but its bothersome 50% of every year?

I think my pain is so brutal that I couldn't ignore it... I had to have a secret weapon to break the feedback loop of pain-frustration-more pain with TMJ and shoulder pain. For TMJ it was chewing gum! For arm/shoulder pain it was placing little squares of gaffers tape (I'm a musician but only TMS desperation can explain the weird things I've tried to get relief) on tender points. Each of these things helped me ignore the pain like TMS theory instructed me to.

I can't find a similar magic bullet with urinary stuff. I just get so bothered by sensations that I really struggle to practice the TMS theory I believe in.

I just want to be free of this.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I've overcome urinary urgency, if you search my posts here and at the TMS Help site you can see how. Sorry I don't have time or the energy to recount my history again, I have to go play tennis (what else?). Key words would probably be my name, and urinary urgency and Flomax. Or you can call me and we can chat about it, PM me if you'd like my phone #.

g'luck, gotta' run--but not the running and running and running kind.;)