1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Made some shelves for my geckos!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Waterbear, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Before
    [​IMG]

Progress

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Just wanted to show off some new shelves I made.

The whole project took about 9 hours to complete. It was exhausting: lifting, bending, painting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing stairs…..eating Pad Thai. ;)

I’m not going to say it didn’t hurt. It did a bit, but not terrible. I actually only hurt if I became aware of the hours worked. I’d notice that I’d been standing for 6 hours freak out a bit.

My TMS tried everything, both knees, both elbows, my shoulder, my ankles, my back. I’d tell it to stop and it would switch joints. I kept at it though, and I’m so proud of the result.

My friend who was helping me knows about TMS is very understanding. When I was getting overwhelmed, I’d go into the bathroom (the only room in the downstairs that was clear) and meditate or talk to myself a little. In about 5-10 mins, I’d be ready to resume.

This was a huge deal for me because I love my critters so much and their area had gotten so trashy looking while I was in pain. Now, I think it’s wonderful.

As a side note:

I keep and breed crested geckos. I have to say they are a huge part of my recovery. No matter how much I hurt (which isn’t much at all recently), I can always hold one of my geckos, which are quite tame. They make me smile and laugh. I think about them and not the pain. They’re my little buddies and I’m glad they have a nice home now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    BruceMC, North Star, Mala and 2 others like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

You are amazing!Great job!

3. Solange

Solange Well known member

Fantastic job. My 10 yr old son stroked a bearded dragon(?) the other day and was thrilled.
    Well done for putting TMS in its place and refusing to be put off.

North Star likes this.
  4. Waterbear

Waterbear Peer Supporter

Thanks!

Beardies are so wonderful, aren't they? I think they're the best reptilian pet for a kid.

North Star likes this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I love it!

TMS healing is all about finding real joy in life by doing things that you love. My hat is off to you!

Waterbear likes this.
  6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

BRAVO!!! Well-done! And I totally get how your sweet creatures are helping you heal. I have a new puppy and I am learning so much from here. My days have been SOOOO busy working on house training her, I have not had the time to think of TMS too much. :)

Here's to geckos and healing!

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Waterbear, great job on the shelves. The geckos must love them.
    Great work on the photos, too.

North Star, can you show us what your new puppy looks like?

8. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Walter, I'm hoping my daughter will take some video clips and pictures with her new camera. I am eager to show off my new little love. If I can't bribe one of my kids, I may just have to stick Daisy's adorable face into the webcam.

9. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Ha! Eating pad Thai is a pain I could put up with daily! Your shelves look great - you are so talented!

10. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

This is wonderful - to view the actual results of TMS recovery in action. And I bet your geckos are applauding too!

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

NorthStar, Daisy looks adorable with her black button nose in her white face.

I hope she's a cuddly lap dog.