1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Zafirides Low tolerance for pain? The reason may be in your genes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Peter Zafirides, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Thank you, Brian!

For those of you who may be interested in the subject, here are a couple of great articles on Epigenetics:

1. Grandma's Experiences Leaves A Mark On Your Genes (Discover)
    2. Fearful Memories Passed Down To Mouse Descendants (Scientific American)

I hope you find the information helpful.

Dr.Z

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for these, Dr. Z. I'll take a look today.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The thing to prevent retirement from a person feeling worthless is to keep busy.
    I'm lucky in that I love to write, so I can go from researching one subject to another for new books.
    It really keeps me going and feeling like my life is worthwhile, writing about subjects that could
    at least entertain people and better yet, help them.

My stepfather retired from a corporate executive job and just sat in front of the tv watching sports
    and drinking beer. He died soon after. Not me. I've got too much more to do.