1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Low Physical High Emotional Energy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Emre, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

I have to say that this forum is like an oasis for me:)
    thank you all who keep helping us newcomers!

Since ı am a kid ı always had low physical and high emotional and spirituel energy
    ıs this something very common among TMS'ers or is it just me ı was wonderin?
    thank you all
    emre

2. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Me, too, Emre. A lot of wise people here use physical exercise as an important part of their program to conquer TMS. Dr. Sarno advocated it as well. I find brain work much easier but am committed to gradually upping the amount of physical movement in my life as a natural complement to a balanced life.

This forum is an oasis for all of us. Without new people arriving, we'd stagnate. You are water to our oasis.

3. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

THank you very much njoy:)

North Star likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Emre,

I think it was Dr. James Alexander who posted recently they he believes dealing with internal conflict is physically exhausting. At least that is why I feel I've had low energy for many years now.

We are very glad to have you on the Forum. You always ask very thought provoking questions, and they are much appreciated.

Emre, Lily Rose, Msunn and 1 other person like this.
  5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Emre! Just wanted to say that I too appreciate your presence here. Your friendly smile and thoughtful posts bring new freshness here!

PS Had to add…there is nothing more exhausting to me than dealing with emotional stuff. I have 3 teenagers and my husband and I both agree that picking rocks in a quarry would be less tiring than dealing with the energy it takes to help navigate them into young adulthood. :)

Emre, Lily Rose and Msunn like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Three teenagers would make anyone physically and emotionally exhausting.
    I can't imagine dealing with that. A friend's wife had two teenage daughters who were no problem,
    but the elder teenage son was a tough case. He eventually grew out of it, so there is hope.

North Star likes this.
  7. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Mmm, exhaustion. In the Fibromyalgia diagnosis, chronic exhaustion is part of the featured presentation ... brought to you by TMS *smiles*

I have learned the art of negotiation, and quite a bit of sheer determination. I work hard, I rest. I work hard, I rest. This teaches my body and my frightened self that the rest is always there. I have reconditioned myself in this manner. I teach it the success of hard work, and the reward. My organic self begins to recognize this as self-nurturing. All of my 'selves' like the rewards of the work, and the play, and the rest. Oh, did I mention the play? ;) Yes, play. Play is important. Play music, play yoga, play poi, play Wii (have I really been sucked into playing golf with my husband? golf?????), play puzzles, play maj jong, play sudoku, play with animals, play .....

Neglecting any aspect, and I feel the repercussions. Work, play, rest. Find that balance, and amazing things will start to happen.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Annie doesn't work but she sure knows how to play, and then rest.

I try to learn from her.

9. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

Thank you for all your insights and kindness Ellen:)

Ellen likes this.
  10. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

Hi North Star,
    thank you very much for your help and kind words:) ı appreciate it

North Star likes this.
  11. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

You're welcome, Emre!