1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Low back pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Raj s, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

I am having hand and upper back pain..

But last 3 days were very hectic and travelled a lot.. didnt sleep well.. Suddenly I am having low back pain today... out of nowhere.. initially 3 days before i started to feel like that.. then went off.. but today after returning from my trip i am having much pain..

Any suggestions?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Raj, you might like to read this TMS success story that was posted today by Jacfoti

Hello I am in the day 4 of the SEP program. I was a Dr. Sarno patient 8 years ago. I met him because of back pain, sciatica could not walk properly, Sarno gave me back my confidence and told me I was stressed and feeling guilty. He also said I am a "goodist".
    Back from Italy a month ago I started to feel pain in my back and leg. I also experienced "foot drop"
    I totally forgot about Sarno this time.. I dont know why.
    I felt like "this time is serious".
    So I restarted a journey a chiro, osteopath and acupuntcture.
    Mri came in and showed the same 2 herniations I had 8 years ago.
    I said "wait" and re-think everything. Docs wanted me to start cortisone shots, and said "you may lose use of your foot!"
    I re-read the book of Sarno and here I am.
    Yesterday I went HIKING for 3 hours!
    I only have a little numbness in my left foot but it's mostly gone.

Seraphina likes this.
  3. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Yes my mind is playin games.. i am in Day 9 of SEP.. I am getting better.. suddenly this back pain.. Eventhough i still say to myself this must be the trick of my mind (TMS).. deep down i have doubts like whether it is because of my travel.. I have travelled like this before for longer time.. i used to get bit tired but it all will be gone in a day or so. Last year in the same month I got this type of back pain which was there for 2 or 3 days..

4. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Do you have an experience in your past in this particular month? I find that March is always a hard month for me because of this,,,

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Raj,

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you say you are from India? I think I have stumbled across a Wellbeing centre is India that deals with TMS type symptoms.

Regards,

6. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Yes I am from India. Can you please let me know where it is located in INDIA

7. mike2014

Hi Raj,

Please see below, its homeopathy, but the underlying principle is the same as TMS, you may wish to contact mindheal.org.

You can certainly see the improvement this person has had with her RA, by understanding the Mind Body connection.

The swelling has reduced and she is now able to carry out day to day activities.

I am sure, this individual sees a whole heap of disorders which she treats with the TMS approach. Whether she is aware of Dr Sarnos work, I don't know.

With thanks

Mike

8. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Thanks for sharing the video..Sorry I could not translate the video. In India people speaks lots of languages and I dont understand her language..

9. mike2014

Hi Raj, there are captions beneath the clip which explain how they elevated the RA factor and this was by understanding and addressing the anger she against her husband and letting go of this emotion.

10. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Raj, have you tried ayurveda?

11. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Tom, no I haven't tried

12. Tennis Tom

Why not?

13. mike2014

Raj, have you watched the video and have you contacted mindheal?

14. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

I havent contacted them. It is far away from my place.

15. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Sure Tom..

16. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

havent figured it out..

17. Tennis Tom

Raj, from my understanding ayurveda is an ancient mindbody healing practice in India. Since there are no TMS physicians in India, ayurveda may be as complementary to TMS as you will find.

What are your thoughts on it?

18. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

I have n't researched about it.. there are lot of ayurveda centres i have seen/heard about here... but dont know what is the way of treatment used there.. Need to look into it..