1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Loving kindness meditations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Nov 9, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello All,

I just wanted to share the following meditations which are an extension to mindfulness meditation.

http://www.audiodharma.org/series/1/talk/1728/

I've found these a useful addition to my collection and hope you do to.

Thanks

Mala and Simplicity like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for posting this, Mike. I streamed a few and will go to more later. You sure know your way around the computer to be able to post such stuff.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Okay, Mike - I listened to almost all 31 days of the Mindfulness Summit, with great speakers, great information, lots of inspiration - and it surprises me that first book I decided to read (downloaded from my public library) is "10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works--A True Story" by news anchor Dan Harris. I enjoyed his presentation, but I found him to be slightly obnoxious, not "my kind" of person at all - and yet... he's like me in many ways - impatient, cynical, and quick to judge. I'm almost through it, right at the part where he describes how he finally came around to practicing metta/loving kindness - and how it's like the icing on the meditation cake (my metaphor).

One of the really interesting things in the book is all of the other mindfulness and meditation practitioners Harris comes across and talks about - many of them participants in the Summit!

Anyway, I am finally getting serious about a daily practice. This morning I incorporated metta/loving kindness and it felt great. I also really need it right now. My stress since mid-October has gone off the charts. Just trying to hold it together here...

~Jan

mike2014 likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, that link you posted has a whole list of meditations by different people, including some with Joseph Goldstein, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Rick Hanson, Tara Brach... and the center is in Redwood City, California, close to where I grew up. But not where I live now, LOL.

Good find!