1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Love & Fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mermaid, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Everyone,

I heard something today that I thought would be good to share.

"There are only two forces at work in the universe, love & fear."

The deeper I thought about this statement, the more it felt true to me :

Love = Kindness, generosity of spirit, empathy, selflessness, compassion ...........

Fear = TMS, anger, greed, voilence, impatience, grief, guilt, sadness.....................

Isn't it wonderful that we have all come together to calm each others fears with love :joyful:

North Star, Msunn and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Love and fear sure are the dominant forces. Hate would be part of fear, I believe.

Yes, we TMS Wikians are here for each other and it's very comforting.

But what if we all lived on the same block, in a cul du sac? We wouldn't get much done except
    work on our TMS, but we'd be the healthiest neighbors anywhere on the planet!

3. Mermaid

Walt, you're an original ! I love your take on life, your posts always cheer me up. :)

North Star and Msunn like this.
  4. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Great post Mermaid. One of my favorite books is Love is Letting Go of Fear by Jerry Jampolsky. Easy to read, not near as easy to follow the lessons in the book:)

Being around all the kind supportive people here has helped me in so many ways let go of fears and embrace myself as I am.

North Star, Ellen and Mermaid like this.
  5. nancy

nancy Well known member

Walt, I live by your guide, keep it coming. I love your posts, you're old fashioned as I am.
    Love you, Nancy

North Star likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, Nancy. I think I was born old-fashioned.
    I may not have had a perfect childhood, victim of divorce and 1930s poverty,
    but my folks taught my older brother and sister and me The Golden Rules.

Mom said try to be a good Catholic, but don't be "churchy" or hang around with
    churchy people because in her experience they didn't practice being a good person to others.
    I found her advice to be good after find some who didn't practice what they preached.

But most people I've met over the years have been good to me and others,
    so I'm not complaining, or as I used to, judge people.

North Star likes this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful post, Mermaid. I am learning that my capacity to love and be generous only grows as I let go of my fears. And I'm also learning that whenever I'm angry, I need to ask myself, "What am I afraid of?" Or ditto when seeing an angry person. An angry person is a frightened person.

I wish we could move our virtual neighborhood to a physical one. You all are such a loving wonderful bunch. Many times your words of wisdom or encouragement will come back to me when I need it most. Mostly though I hear you, Walt, reminding me to laugh. :)

Ellen and Mermaid like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

North Star, I'm glad you find laughing helpful.
    Sometimes we'd rather yell or cry, but laughing can drive those thoughts away.

Yes, our virtual neighborhood is wonderful. We draw strength and encouragement from each other.

Be sure to look at tgrllyct's post today with a photo of her dog, Smeagle. He's adorable.

North Star likes this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

What's the name of the thread, Walt?

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

It was a post today from tgrllyct about her dog, a rat terrier named Smeagle. Here's his photo.

upload_2014-2-21_13-42-48.png

Mermaid likes this.
  11. Mermaid

Thanks North Star. What you say is very true, I've got my capacity to love back too, along with my sense of humour, I was a bit of a joker before all this TMS craziness made me too serious.

I would dearly love to have a dog, but both myself and my husband work full time at the moment, so it wouldn't be fair. I have to be content with babysitting my sister-in-laws border terrier puppy, he's called Milo and he's the love of my life, we're having him next weekend so I can't wait.

Love to all (humans & dogs!) :joyful: