1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 looking forward to insights and support

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Last September I hurted my right shoulder and it took until December before I was diagnosed with calcium deposites on a tendon. Suddenly last week another doctor said it was a frozen shoulder. After this confusing process and a weird Triggerpoint massage the pain got worse. On Tuesday I was screaming out of pain, and really, really worried about the body.

In 2010 I already managed on my own to deal–according to Sarno's suggestions and books–with a 25 years old backpain and a painful carpal tunnelsyndrom in both hands. Just journaling worked quite well for me, although it took about a year, which was hard.

Now, this time, after a cortison injection and visiting a physiotherapist last Thursday, some deep emotions popped up, pain melted away and I suddenly realized that I should leave all the medical diagnosis, and go back to Sarno. I read his books again, watched video's and did Week 0 reading. Really inspiring and resonating.

So here I am, motivated to dive in. I am thrilled about and grateful for this online-program, website and all the motivated people.

Oh, by the way, my mom died in August and we (my Austrian husband and 9 years old son) had an intense period of moving to the other side of te country just before she died. Combined with all my lovely personality traits, I guess it's about for 100% sure TMS, instead of what the doctors (and my own mind) said.

Curious what will happen.

Thanks for reading,
    Lydia
    (from the Netherlands)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lydia. Welcome to the TMS healing community. You are going to get help from the members who respond to your and other posts and also from the SEProgram. You've been through the medical mill and nothing has helped. It's great that you learned about TMS, and it's true, emotions cause physical pain. I had severe back pain but it went away after journaling and realized I was repressing anger and other emotions since my parents divorced when I was seven. I thought about it a lot and came to forgive them. I realized they had their own TMS pains.

Here is a recent post that can encourage you.

I often get pain in my stomach as a TMS symptom. Last night I felt it coming on after I laid down to sleep. I asked myself what emotions I was feeling, then took several breaths directed at the spot that hurt, and it was gone in minutes! I slept peacefully all night and woke up without any pain. – wife and mother of two young children.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Lydia,

I am happy you're coming back to Dr. Sarno's work. The so-called "frozen shoulder" does respond to this approach, in my experience. You're connecting the symptoms with stressors and your personality. Good luck in your work here.

Andy B