1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for some support for new pelvic pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AutumnIsMyFave, Sep 10, 2017.

1. AutumnIsMyFave

AutumnIsMyFave Peer Supporter

Hi All,

I've been working through different TMS pains over the last year or so. I've had quite a bit of success with some of them. In the last few weeks however, I have come up to quite a formidable obstacle. At first I thought it was my IBS pain returning, however this pain is slightly different. It is super intense pain in my pelvic area. It almost feels like incredibly intense menstrual cramps. I will be seeing my doctor this week, but in the meantime I am really trying to think psychologically because my body has a habit of creating all kinds of pains throughout my body. I am going through quite a bit of stress right now as well. Has anyone experienced TMS pain like this before? I've had a bit of success with really focusing on my emotions and it will improve a little for a short amount of time. I'm trying to see this as evidence of it being TMS and not something else. Any insight that anyone can offer at this point would be really appreciated! Thanks!!!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Your doing it right imho. Go see a doctor to rule out anything serious and treat it as any TMS symptom.

3. fern

fern Well known member

I've had IBS pain make a sharp turn for my pelvic area before. It feels like a combination of menstrual cramps and ovulation pain for me - even if neither of those things are actually happening. It makes good sense to ask your doctor about any new pelvic pain, but if she can't find anything wrong, then I think it's worth treating it as TMS. I worked through some in that area yesterday, in fact! I hope it all goes well for you!