1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for some support around nerve pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by shamancartwheels, Mar 31, 2023.

1. shamancartwheels

shamancartwheels Newcomer

Hi -- I am totally convinced (at least consciously) that my symptoms are due to TMS. Over the last month I have had severe back pain, nerve pain/tingling, weakness, and balance issues. My balance issues are gone, and the pain is, overall, subsiding, but the nerve pain, which is in my feet, hands, and all over my back, is becoming increasingly difficult to cope with. I'm about halfway through the 42-day program, and I've been processing *a lot* of emotional stuff. Again, I don't doubt that it's TMS -- I just think hearing from others about their experience with nerve issues might help me, as I'm feeling a bit isolated and despairing about it at the moment.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @shamancartwheels
    My suggestion is not to diagnose yourself with “nerve” issues. Unless you have a medical diagnoses of a nerve problem, imagining what is going on will not help you in the long run. Trust me!

Tension can be interpreted as so many sensations, whatever the brain dreams up. We can hold ourselves with such rigidity in our anxiety we don’t even realize it. I had loads of shock and jolts when I first started TMS work, tingling, buzzing. Most of the tingling and buzzing was my overactive nervous system and body tension.
    Self-diagnosing is a mental rabbit hole of fear. If you blunt, get it checked out by a Dr.
    It’s wonderful you’ve seen some success, I think you are on a good path!

JanAtheCPA likes this.