1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Looking for some guidance

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by joseph32, May 29, 2016.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

As I had recently posted, I beat 7 year back pain a couple years ago 100%. I have not had any discomfort since that time. I have had an increase in job stress in the last few months and experienced high level of consistent anxiety with insomnia. Last week, I slept well one night and felt great the next day (no anxiety). Later in the evening, I felt my back discomfort and it has remained there the last few days. I believe 100% that this is TMS , but I must say I am frustrated that I have to re-experience this after beating it 2 years ago. I believe this is moving around to gain my attention. I believe this to be a good sign of healing? Do I have this little devil on the run? Anyone please offer thoughts and/or suggestions. Thank you...

Joseph

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Joseph,

There is no magic bullet, of course. You know it is TMS. You have decided to treat it as TMS. You are investigating tactics and practices, and you will implement them, I hope. Pain moving around is a good sign. Gently, and persistently use Sarno practices, try not to get too worried, or perfectionistic in your approach, be patient. Good luck!

Andy B

Gigi likes this.
  3. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Thank you Andy. I do feel that sometimes I may be trying a bit too hard. Perfectionist personality I am sure. I know attention and fear fuel the beast. It can be hard not to think about it at all. I guess acceptance is fine, but then don't feed into it anymore? Anyone else have symptoms move? I will heal. My body is strong and healthy. Joseph

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, accept that the pain is TMS, and be kind to yourself when your thoughts go back to it, or fear it. And recognize your stance to deal with it with your insight, rather than the conditioned, fearful, "physical thinking" about symptoms...