1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for help about a symptom

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by dharn999, Jul 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

I’ve been dealing with A symptom that is completely new, I’m currently ruling out all things serious such as tumors and infections, but has anyone dealt with testicle pain… I know this is a bit TMI but after successfully ridding my back pain after discovering TMS (with a couple back pain relapses as well) I’m struggling to find people who have dealt with similar situations. I need the reassurance awfully bad here

2. cain aven

cain aven Peer Supporter

One of my friends told me he experienced this pain last year, and it was tied to his own lower back pain. Sometimes there is referred pain from one point to another.

3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I haven't had that exact symptom. But it absolutely sounds like it could be TMS. You're very smart to rule out anything serious, like tumors. Please do that. But once the doctors have ruled it out, you can take that as a sign that it's probably TMS. You can begin treating it as TMS now and see if you notice any difference.

As I said, I don't have your exact symptoms. But occasionally, I'll get severe, severe pain in my lower colon. I treat it just like TMS... and almost like magic, it goes away. But it was very scary, at first.

TMS can cause a lot of unusual symptoms. Often, we simply have to come to our own conclusion as to whether TMS is the reason for them. It's a personal decision that's an important part of the healing process.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. dharn999

Thanks Cap’n

the problem I have is I really don’t have a set way of treating things, I just had 100% belief with my back pain the first time and I just did not care what the pain did anymore, then through both back pain relapses I dealt with the pain (probably for way longer than I needed to) and eventually it subsided…

the more I think about it all the more I’m realizing that I don’t think I’ve ever 100% healed my back pain, each time it always got better but there would always be a lingering twing that I just didn’t care about because I knew it was TMS and I basically lived with it… it almost makes me think I’ve never resolved anything emotionally and have kept the door open, kind of like right now… still had a twing in my butt from my TMS back issue back in Jan 2021 and I stopped caring about it, so the doors been open this whole time… makes me think I have some work to do

Booble and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  5. dharn999

Just giving an update, things are doing much better as of late, I’m not out of the weeds but things are feeling better. I’m using Dan Ratners program and it’s been helpful. Just wanting to get all of this figured out as to what emotions are making these things trigger and how I can catch them sooner.

Cap'n Spanky and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. Cap'n Spanky

That's great news, @dharn999 ! Please report back on your thoughts about Dan Ratner's program. I've seen his YouTube videos, but don't know much about him.

7. dharn999

His organization makes a lot of sense and how he breaks down where to go when feeling symptoms and upticks. And he doesn’t deviate away from Sarnos initial message of this is an emotional response, fear and doubt make the symptoms continue. It all makes a lot of sense of what’s going on and how to defeat it.. the idea of doubt and what doubt means with TMS is pretty important because you have to accept the diagnosis 100%

8. Booble

Booble Well known member

I think the idea that you have to accept it 100% prevents a lot of people from finding relief. You know us TMS-ers, we try to do everything perfectly. I keep reading about so many people who don't get started with TMS relief behaviors because they feel they only believe 80% or 90%. They are waiting for some magical moment when they believe 100%. That's just silly in my opinion.
    If you understand the concept clearly, and if you are pretty sure that your symptoms are from TMS, or even that there is a good chance. And you believe in the general concept of the evolutionarily lower emotional parts of the brain and how they function (detrimentally) versus the complex parts of the brain, that's enough to get you started. You'll believe 100% when you start seeing the results. Nobody should wait because they are not 100% certain.
    In fact I'd argue that is a perfect excuse our little beastly brain can use to keep us down. If we understand and live in a TMS framework, the little beast loses all of its power. And it surely doesn't want that!

9. dharn999

I don’t disagree with you on that and I should’ve worded things differently because this system doesn’t neglect those who still doubt what TMS is or if what they have is TMS, it actually wants you to have doubt so as you start to feel changes and shifts you can start to connect the dots. I agree that no one will have a complete 100% belief and if they do they usually have a book cure and will more than likely have a relapse of pain since they didn’t do any emotional work (That’s what occurred to me)

but sorry for how I worded that, not at all what was meant

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  10. Cap'n Spanky

Belief is a critical piece of this program, whether it's 100% or otherwise. That does sometimes scare some people away... like we're a cult or something. Many are reticent to use that word "belief", probably for that very reason. So softer ways of it saying are used and that's probably wise.

This doesn't mean that someone new has believe it all at first. But I think it does require some level of hope, buy-in, and confidence that this approach could work.

This is a phycological process. We can't convince our brains that our symptoms aren't dangerous if we don't believe his program works. I don't know any way around that!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    JanAtheCPA and Booble like this.
  11. Booble

Booble Well known member

No worries, I wasn't referring to you specifically but more in general. I keep seeing the 100% "requirement."

I think Cap'n makes a good distinction. Belief in the concept and that it actually does work -- rather than full on belief that your symptom is caused from TMS. Maybe it's a simple matter of clarifying that. 100% belief that TMS is real and that it can resolve, rather than 100% about your symptoms.

Thanks, good sidebar discussion.

12. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It is silly - and at the same time, as I know you've seen me say before, @Booble, this is classic TMS brain behavior ("This is your brain on TMS"). Any thought process which keeps us stuck, is our brains doing exactly that: keeping us stuck. From that point of view, there's no need to analyze - just recognize, thank our brains for the attempt, laugh a bit, and move on. Easier said than done, of course.

Good discussion!

Booble likes this.
  13. Booble

Booble Well known member

Yesterday I had to go do something and I got that familiar feel in my head and stomach. I said to it, "I know you, you little buggah!" It stayed for a bit longer then hid itself way.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  14. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i have suffered from SO MUCH weird and various testicular discomfort and pain and it ALWAYS eventually goes away using TMS techniques. testicular discomfort and pain is one of the most recurring and persistent body issues i have with TMS~ it’s my achilles heel of symptom imperatives. But i’ve been working through it, working with it and it usually resolves as mysteriously as it arose.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.