1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Guidance on Pain/Numbness Increase

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Hamed, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Dear eightball, know you at least which medicine helps you! And I agree, the back pain seems to be caused by the CD. You had been diagnosed very early. You must have had severe symptoms! Is there a TMS component? I think so, but CD is a autoimmune disease as you say and there is something that at least not easily and directly is accessible with TMS approaches. But: Also children have TMS. I had severe stomach pain when a little sister arrived in the family (I was 5) and later in school (13 -15) I had stomach pain whenever we had Latin lessons with one specific teacher.
    This said, I believe you are doing wise to think of your symptoms and disease not of either or (structural vs. TMS), but as something that is in connection. So, stop criticizing yourself. You are brave and doing the right thing.

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

eightball,

I was talking this morning with the mom and grandma of the 51/2 year old I've taken care of since he was six months. He really worries about symptoms that he has. A couple of weeks ago he was sick and had vomiting. He carried a bowl EVERYWHERE for an entire week after he was well because he was afraid. Last week he had diarrhea 2 times and this week he won't eat while he is at half day camp because he is afraid to. This little guy is my cousin's son and I've been close by since he was born. I'm sure he has had no trauma. Its his personality. Obviously it is anecdotal, but maybe you were like him when you were little?

I also will give two cents worth about anxiety. I grew up with an abusive father. I was in counseling etc. I've had depression. Well, a couple of months ago I realized that I've had anxiety all my life. I'm 52. Why couldn't I recognize this before? I can only say it felt so normal and so even though I talked with my counselor and others, I said, nope, no anxiety here. I think Claire Weekes books have helped me see it. I bought them for my daughter who has lots of anxiety and read them myself for outcome independence from pain.

Anyway, there's my four cents...lol, that's not much, but maybe something to explore. Wishing you all the best!

Lizzy

Time2be likes this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Here's another piece of my puzzle. I realized the other day that I have no blue days or anxiety when I'm taking care of the two little boys I babysit. I'm thoroughly exhausted after running around with them, but I feel really good.