1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an Atlanta physician

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by P's twin, Aug 3, 2015.

1. P's twin

P's twin New Member

I live in Atlanta. I have a number of issues (reflux, knee pain, sleep apnea, anxiety, hypothyroidism) that could be TMS but have been connected to actual physical conditions (hiatal hernia, bone-on-bone knees, airway blockage by relaxing muscles in throat, Hochimoto's throid: an autoimmune disease). I'd like to be evaluated by a physician who knows about these things but also would consider TMS.

Any suggestions of an Atlanta physician?

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Georgia
    David-Lipsig, MD (Physician)
    Twelve Piedmont Center, Suite 410
    3495 Piedmont Road
    Atlanta, GA 30305
    (404) 495-5900
    (404) 495-5901 fax
    lipsig@atlantapsychiatry.com
    Website

Leonard J. Weiss, MD (Physician)
    Board Certified in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Internal Medicine and Nutrition
    3188 Atlanta Road
    Smyrna, GA 30080
    (770) 319-6000
    Insurance Accepted: US Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana HMO, Humana PPO, Blue Choice Senior, Cigna HMO, Cigna PPO, One Health Plan of Georgia, Inc HMO / POS / Choice/ PPO

3. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

It may be a bit of a drive but I went to see Dr. Alicia Batson in Nashville, TN. I really liked her. She did an exam and looked at my MRI and spent 2 hours with me. This was just what I needed...

John’74 and IrishSceptic like this.
  4. P's twin

P's twin New Member

Thanks for the replies from both of you. I might try Dr. Batson even if she is in TN because stayfit65 actually has met her. Would welcome any other recommendations for doctors anyone else has used in the Southeast.

5. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Dr Batson is a brilliant advocate for TMS and posts here quite often.

6. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

How many visits did you have to do with Dr.Batson?

7. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Well, I only did one since I live in Atlanta. If I were closer I might have seen her again. She is really good.

8. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

Thanks for answering me! I live in North Ga in Blue Ridge. Was she able to give you pointers on how to get started treating yourself? I can’t afford continuing sessions.

9. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

I know she used Dr. Schubiner’s program to help her heal. She may recommend his program. I had done his program prior to seeing her.

10. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

I should be receiving his book in a few days from amazon. Did you ever check out that Dr.Lipsig in Atl?

11. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

I did. Didn’t feel like he helped much, and it was expensive.

12. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Hello, fellow Georgians! I live in Macon. Please post if you find someone helpful in our area. Thanks for the info on Dr. Lipsig. I had been thinking about trying him so I'm glad for the info.

13. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

Thanks,you saved me $375!!
    I’m 2 hrs north of Atl so it sure would have been convenient! So glad for the tip from stayfit65!

14. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Yes, me too! I wish we could find someone in Georgia. My Dr. has never heard of Dr. Sarno. And another Dr. I went to said stress could never cause the amount of back pain I was describing.
    Clearly are not familiar with TMS.

15. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

I know! I scheduled an appointment with Alicia Batson in Nashville for March 13,I’m looking forward to it! You might as well not mention TMS to any if your doctors because they’ll think you’re nuts!

16. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Great! I looked up her website and she sounds really good. She had chronic pain for ten years so at least she can identify. Please post after your appointment and let me know how it went. I may have to make a trip to Nashville! I have been trying this on my own for almost a year with not much progress. I may need some help.

17. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

I will certainly post after I see her! I’m sorry that you haven’t had much luckYou can hear a podcast interview with her if you go to her website.

18. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Yes, I listened to it. Sounds like she will be good. I hope she can help you.

19. John’74

John’74 Peer Supporter

Thanks

20. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Hi John'74
    Just checking to see how your appointment with Dr. Batson went?
    Did she give you very much time? Hope she was able to help you.