1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a TMS Dr in Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mauricio, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mauricio

Mauricio New Member

Hi My wife has been experiencing lower back pain for more than three years and after many doctors and pt, Mri. Blood work and so much money we spent , we finally came across with Dr sarno'sarno's book healing back pain and we would like to go for an examination but we can't find a Dr that threats TMS in Florida.
    we live in in the south Florida area, do you have or know about any DR you can recommend around here?.
    We would appreciate it so much.
    Thanks Mauricio

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I don't think you'll find one, but you don't need one if she has been checked out as healthy by an MD. If she's been cleared as "healthy" what else can she have except TMS?

Dr. Brady is in FL but I've been told that he isn't seeing any more patients. I don't know if that's true or not, I can't verify it. He knows about TMS, Dr. Sarno helped to heal him like he did so many other MDs.

Does your wife fit the TMS personality? Did she have any of the childhood markers? Does she have other symptoms? Narrow it down to TMS. In the end she must believe that she has TMS and reject all other faulty diagnoses. She also has to stop all other forms of treatment.

Good luck

Steve

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sure someone will know of a doctor that treats TMS in your area.
    In the meantime, since your wife's physical exams and MRIs do not show anything structural,
    it sure sounds like the cause of her back pain is from TMS, either/or from repressed emotions
    or a perfectionist personality or she tries too hard to please people. Those are the main causes
    of anger which comes from emotions repressed often since childhood.

Keep looking for a TMS doctor, but I hope your wife will begin working on TMS techniques
    for healing. That worked for me and thousands of others.

Watch some Dr. Sarno videos on the forum. He explains it all and tells how to heal the pain.
    But she has to believe 100 percent that her pain is from TMS. Even 5 percent less isn't enough.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Becca

Becca Well known member

Mauricio,

Unfortunately, Steve is correct: Dr. Brady is no longer seeing patients. There aren't any other TMS docs in Florida as far as we know, but you can check back on the Florida section of the TMS wiki's practitioner directory (here) to see if this changes. That list is updated constantly. Also, if your wife is able to travel out of state to see a doctor, you can look at whether there are MDs on the list in nearby states.

I know there are a couple MDs that are able to see patients remotely using Skype or other services. I'm not sure if they are legally/ethically able or allowed to diagnose folks this way but perhaps that sort of consult can provide your wife with a clearer idea of what direction she should go in. It might be worth contacting them to see what they can do. There's a list of those practitioners here.

Hope that helps some...

Becca

6. Mauricio

Mauricio New Member

Thanks for taking the time Becca

7. Mauricio

Mauricio New Member

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you found the list of TMS practitioners here at the WIKI? There are quite a number of them but you will have to travel to a neighboring state. It's well worth it to get an objective dx from a TMS physician. Doctors have great powers in our culture, they can bestow the most authoritative PLACBEOS/NOCEBOS.