1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Christian psychologist for Skype sessions

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Laudisco, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Hi everyone,

I'm keen to find a skilled Christian psychologist who does Skype sessions and works from a psychodynamic perspective (preferably). I'm also in Australia, so someone in my time zone would be useful.

It's important to me that they share my faith, because I want to talk about some issues that are specifically relevant to my beliefs as a Christian. (I've tried a non-Christian psychologist and while they were probably quite good at their job, they just didn't "get it" when I talked about faith related issues and it was not helpful.)

I have a severe case of Fibromyalgia (with neuropathic pain) which I've had for three years, and I've had CFS/ME for two years. I've been trying the TMS approach for quite a while with only limited success, so I want to find a good therapist.

Thanks in advance!
    Lauren

2. pspa

pspa Well known member

James Alexander who is listed in the practitioner directory is from Australia, I don't recall his book having any religious angle but perhaps he would know of someone?

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Laudisco, there are quite a few Christian psychologist in Australia (by searching Google), however I'm not sure if they work with psychodynamic therapy.

The only person I know on this forum from Australia is @Colly, it's a long shot but you may wish to drop her a note. She's extremely friendly and helpful.

4. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks for that Mike! I'll probably just have to do a bit of web searching and see who I can find.

5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Roger Gietzen in the TMS directory on the tms wiki is a Christian tms doctor. Neurologist by training he is specializing exclusively in tms healing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  6. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Laudisco, I found success with Jenny Johnston (she's in Frankston, Melbourne). I saw her in person and then did a couple of follow up skypes with her. She's an EFT therapist. It's not for everyone but I found it effective, also it was good to work through some emotional gunk that had been stuck in my body. She's not Christian but very spiritual. Anyway I recommend her - she accelerated my recovery through a couple of relapses. All the best, Colly

mike2014 likes this.