1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Looking at the pain as phycological

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

I find my self recently having an especially hard time knowing the pain is always phycological. Since my pain symptoms are often those of yeast and blaster infections it's hard for me to tell the difference. I know I have TMS, but I keep finding my self running to the doctor to make sure I don't have physical infections. And until I know for sure my brain can't look at the pain 100% as phycological because I don't 100% know and than I find it harder to apply this TMS approach to pain. Please any advice how do I get out of this cycle and back on the right track.

2. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Hi,

Do you have history of bladder and yeast infections?

If not then there comes a point where you just have to let go and forget about the doctors as this is generating a load of Health Anxiety imo. A vicious circle. I was constantly going to the docs also but just got sick in the end as they could find nothing.

It's hard to forget about symptoms but it will help if you can get to the stage that you won't fear them.

Celayne likes this.